Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The First Lunch/Meeting

Last week I hosted my first in home business opportunity luncheon.  I had invited 36 people and I ended up with 7 coming.  More than I expected to be completely honest.  I had decided to reach out to the women in my neighborhood.  Rip the bandaid off so to speak.  I wanted a quick way to tell them all what I am doing with Améo essential oils and why I am doing it.  I felt this was going to be much faster and a more effective way than calling each of these individuals separately.

To be completely frank, I was scared to death of this luncheon.  These are my peers.  People I see on a regular basis.  My concerns and fears were "What if they think I'm stupid for doing this?", "What are they going to think of me?"  I quickly turned to a book I've been reading entitled Building An Empire by Brian Carruthers.  I read this book to give me reassurance that what I am doing is better!  A typical mantra for network marketers is, It's not easy, it's just better.

I let go of these fears and instead got myself excited about the prospect of sharing this awesome opportunity with everyone.  I truly would love to see the people around me have success!  I want to see people live their dreams.  I want to help people see their potential.

So out of my luncheon I had 2 people who are interested in the opportunity.  Others are interested in the oils once they become available.  This was amazing!  The momentum from that single lunch has stoked the fire within me to know that I can do this.  My goals are attainable.  There is success to be had by those who put forth effort.

It's not easy, it's just better!

No comments:

Post a Comment